Pages

02 June 2012

{O30} Day 4: Apple and Raisin Oatmeal

 
adapted from:theoatmealartist

1/2 cup regular rolled oats
1 cup apple juice
1/2 an organic apple
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4-1/2 tsp cinnamon
Handful of raisins
  1. Bring 1 cup liquid (I used Trader Joe’s Organic Apple Juice) to a boil, add 1/2 cup regular rolled oats, and reduce heat to medium.
  2.  Immediately dice in an apple to the cooking oats (I only use half an apple and save the other half for another morning). You want to add this as soon as possible so the apple has a chance to soften up in the cooking process. 
  3. Once more of the liquid has dissolved, add 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, and 1/4-1/2 tsp of cinnamon. 
  4. If you'd like to add any additional ingredients (coconut oil, raisins, sunflower seeds), do so now. I added some raisins to this recipe.
  5. When you're pleased with the consistency of the oatmeal, transfer to a bowl. Serve hot!

Share on Tumblr