While I was doing my Christmas Shopping, I've decided to drop by in this toy store because I've heard they have antique stuffs from the 50s to 60s and its also around the vicinity so I thought it would be nice to go there too. ;) Its called Toto's Old Possession and its located in Insadong.
When I was about to wander around, an old man suddenly showed up and told me I have to pay some amount to get inisde. Its not that pricey so I paid and got in. He also said that taking pictures are allowed (maybe that's why he asks for a fee) He might be Toto, I supposed. Indeed, the store has lots of old toys which the old man all owned during his childhood I guess. He really has a massive collection. :)
"Kongi" - korean version of Jackstones (they don't use a ball here)
(L) Freddie Kruger! Because of him, I had nightmares during childhood, my mom had to watch me sleep before she does! :| :>
an old vendo machine, I never thought vendos existed in the 50s. Haha
The infamous Chuckie. I have watched every installment of this character and up to know, he still scares me! :D :S
Haha! This photo is attached in an old piano. I wonder if Toto knows who they are :">
For me, it was a fun experience since it revived some memories of my childhood and I'd have to say, his idea of displaying it for the public to see is quite artistic and edifying specially for foreigners.
Toto's Old Possessions is located at Insadong, a 10 min walk from Exit 1 of Jong-no 3 sa station on Subway line 1 (dark blue line)
Admission fee: W2,000
Contact no. :02)7251756
Share on Tumblr Tweet