Pages

23 March 2012

The end of Charlie Brown Cafe dream

Just because the Hongdae branch of Charlie Brown Cafe has already been "demolished", our dream of entering Snoopy filled cafe hasn't been relinquished yet. Ate Carol asked a friend if there are other branches near Seoul and she said there is one near Ehwa University. *rejoices* Its just a few stations away Hongik University. :"> That's why we decided to set foot in it today. Ate Carol (from Batch2 of GEO) will be leaving for Manila already next week so she wanted to visit it before her flight.

BUT, when we were already there having difficulty finding it despite the clear instructions given to us, we asked some tourist information girls on where it is and they said it was already closed as well. *cries* She even added that it was closed due to "bankruptcy" so when they called for other branches they also said they're already closed. So, its official, our Charlie Brown Cafe dream has ended. *crying heavily* :(

Anyways, we don't want our trip to be spoiled so we just asked for other cafe suggestions. They suggested a cat cafe and a chocolate cafe. Good thing we're all not fans of cats so we chose the chocolate cafe. Its called Chocolateria San Churro.





















Its some kind of a Renaissance themed cafe that sells chocolate truffles imported from Europe. Their menu has chocolate drinks made with authentic cocoa too. When we got in, I got the feeling that their menu is quite expensive but apparently not. Ate Carol treated us with the Fondue Set then we just got individual drinks.








Spanish latte for me - 4.800w
Banana Lambada for Ker - 7.700w
Choco Loco? (not sure) for Ate Carol - 7.700w
Chocolate Tapas - 19.800

Another good thing was that we are all in favor for dark chocolate in our Fondue so, yey! :) However, it took us 10 minutes before we started digging in 'cause we were still busy taking our own photographic shots of the food and the place. Hihi :) :P












After eating, we dropped by Ehwa University and was astounded with their vast campus. But, I didn't feel bad for the size of our university anyways. I think ours is also big since it has 3 campuses all over Seoul. Hehez






\









While walking, I notices that Ehwa area also has lots of cafes so I think I would look over Naver again to see if they have some notable cafes I could include in my cafe hunt list. ;)


Share on Tumblr